- Lexington Heights
is a resort community located about 18 miles north of Port Huron,
Michigan and about 3 miles south of Lexington, Michigan.
- Lexington Heights is incorporated as a Summer Resort Community under Michigan State law.
- Lexington Heights is not a Homwowners Association.
- Lexington Heights is part of Worth Township, Michigan.
- You can get a copy
of the Lexington Heights By-laws here and on the Library Page. You can
use the links on the Contacts Page to contact officers of Lexington
- Go to the Lex Hi Calendar for information on meetings and
- Lexington Heights
has two "General Membership" meetings each year and the "Board of
Trustees" meets every two weeks during the summer season.
Heights' unique corporate status can sometimes cause a bit of confusion
f or new residents concerning "who is responsible for what?", so here
are a few general guidelines to answer the question, "Who you gonna
- Property taxes are paid to Worth Township contact them regarding tax issues.
- Building Permits are issued by Sanilac County through Worth Township.
- The roads are controlled by Sanilac County.
- Lexington Heights provides garbage collection, which actually is a major part of the Lexington Heights Annual Dues.
- Beaches, stairs, jetties, the Lexington Heights Clubhouse and parkways are maintained by Lexington Heights.
- City water is provided by LWTUA.
protection is provided by the Sanilac County Sheriff's Department, 911
is active for emergencies only, call the sheriff at 1-800 -881-5911 and
ask for the dispatcher for other security matters.
- Fire protection and Emergency Medical Service is available by calling 911, extensive fees are charged for these services.
- Non-emergency Sheriff number 800.881.5911 ask for dispatcher
Here is the address and phone number of the township office:
6903 S. Lakeshore
Lexington, Michigan 48450
Other important numbers:
- Worth Township D.P.W. Emergency Leak Line: 810-712-0569
- Sanilac County Animal Control: 810-648-4831 & (After Hours) 810-648-2000
- Sanilac County Road Commission: 810-648-2185
- DTE Energy (was Detroit Edison/Electric): 800-477-4747
- Semco Energy (Natural Gas): 800-624-2019
- Miss Dig: 811 or 800-482-7171
- AT&T Residential Phone: 800-515-7272
- Comcast Cable: 800-772-7548
- Sanilac County Treasurer: 810-648-2127